Docton Mill Gardens & Tearoom is featured in
the March 2017 edition of the RHS "The Garden" magazine
Lovely Docton Mill Gardens are featured in the upcoming March issue of the RHS’ flagship magazine "The Garden". No stranger to being featured in top flight publications, these award winning gardens and tea room look almost as glorious in this four page spread as they do in real life.
Docton Mill is an RHS partner garden at RHS members gain entry for free each Saturday (Member 1 only).
March coincides with the annual opening of the gardens and spring is the perfect time to visit. These wonderful valley slopes are host to over 20,000 daffodils, azaleas, rhododendrons, camellias, primulas, hellebores, epimediums and so much more.
This year there are two new summerhouses to look out for – designed by John Borrett himself and built by local craftsmen – both offering a sympathetic place to sit and enjoy different aspects of the gardens. In addition, there is a recently added greenhouse and improved plant sales area.
One thing that remains the same are the award winning cream teas, light lunches and delicious drinks available from the tearoom. On cooler days the tearoom is warmed by the cheery log burner and when it’s sunny, the tea terrace beside the mill offers a sheltered spot to relax and unwind amidst beautiful surroundings.
Docton Mill opens on March 15th 2017. See www.doctonmill.co.uk
- Entry to Garden £4.50 Adults – £4.25 OAPS – Children U18 Free
- Voted Best Tea Room in North Devon at the North Devon Food & Drink Awards
- Gold medal winner at Devon County Show
- Voted Best Cream Tea in Devon, at the North Devon Food & Drink Awards
- Spectacular display of narcissi in spring
- River walk with displays of naturalised narcissi, bluebells and wild garlic
- Superb bog garden as described in Rosemary Verey’s book, "Good Planting"
- Extensive herbaceous border of over 140m
- Wild flower gardens
- Award winning Tea Room serving light lunches with speciality salads, all food sourced locally – (There is no entry charge to use the Tea Room) Last Teas 4:30pm
- Dogs allowed on short leads
- Plant sales area
- RHS Partnership Garden every Saturday throughout the season