Hartland Quay Hotel
Formerly the customs and warehouses for the once thriving quay, Hartland Quay Hotel is situated in this wildly beautiful bay, surrounded by some of the most spectacular scenery and geology in Northern Europe.
Right on the coastpath and looking directly out to sea, this family-run business offers warm hospitality, 15 comfortable ensuite rooms all with television and tea and coffee making facilities, a residents' lounge, generous breakfasts of locally sourced ingredients, and delicious locally sourced food and drink (including real local ales) in the Wreckers Retreat Bar. Right beside us is the beautiful Hartland Quay beach and bay.
This historic building is part of the Hartland Abbey estate and we believe Hartland Quay Hotel offers something very special and hard to find: a sense of getting away from it all, peace and seclusion yet warmth and hospitality.
We are the perfect place for couples, singles, families and bigger groups wanting to get away or celebrate together and the ideal place to stay for exploring the beaches, the beautiful area and for walking and outdoor pursuits.
- Situated right on the South West Coast path
- Right beside the Hartland Quay beach, a wonderful sandy stretch at low tide and great for paddling, rockpooling, sandcastles, picnics on the beach, beachcombing, crabbing and, in the right weather, storm-watching or sunsets
- Perfect for walking, exploring the beautiful area, nature watching, sea activities and outdoor pursuits
- We welcome and cater for families
- Open all year except Christmas
- One ground floor bedroom with shower
- Dogs are welcome in the bar (though not in the hotel)
- Packed lunches available on request
- Wreckers Retreat Bar and the Shipwreck Museum on site
We look forward to welcoming you to this beautiful part of the world.