Stoke Barton Farm & Campsite
Stoke Barton Farm is a registered Caravan and Camping site situated on the South West Coast Path and enjoying the spectacular coastal scenery of Hartland Quay near Hartland Point.
We aim to give you a unique camping ground: a beautiful, spacious site, overlooking the sea amidst rolling farmland, with immediate access to the South West Coast Path, great facilities and plenty of peace and quiet to enjoy this 'off the beaten track' unspoilt area of coastal North Devon.
The flat camping field has wonderful views and covers an area of over 12 acres, which allows for plenty of space between caravans and tents. Colin tries to help people choose a pitch that suits their requirements, whether they prefer to be on their own or are joining others already here.
We are relaxed and friendly, dogs and families are welcome and we provide lots of facilities and extras to make your stay as enjoyable as possible: a great children's play area; kit transfer for walking; phone and battery charging (50p per item, all proceeds to the North Devon Hospice); a small shop selling basic camping supplies and delicious local produce including bacon, sausages and pasties; freezers, microwaves and kettles for your use... and much more!
Two pixie huts are available to hire. Each hut has a 5 foot double bed with sprung matteress, a kettle and mugs, and an outdoor shelter and picninc table - making this the perfect option for those who want to experience the atmosphere of camping, whilst still enjoying the comfort of a proper bed! You are advised to bring your own torch and cooking equipment (if bringing a stove this must be used outside). More details and pricing can be found here.
The farm, which covers over 500 acres, is a working livestock and arable farm. Our family have worked this area for generations and Stoke Barton for 30 years. We love this land and really look forward to sharing it with you.
Stoke Barton facilities:
We offer a number of other facilities to make your stay more enjoyable:
- Play area for children (available from spring bank holiday)
- Dogs welcome and designated dog walking area
- 30 electric hookups
- Open end of March to end of October
- A shop selling local produce and basic camping essentials
- Kit transfer
- Microwaves, kettles and freezers for campers' use
- Shower block, toilets and washrooms
- Laundry Room with washing machine and tumble drier
- Purchase of replacement gas bottles
- Battery and phone charging facilities (50p per item, all proceeds to North Devon Hospice)
- Chemical toilet disposal
- Seasonal pitches and winter storage
- Two pixie huts to hire
- A caravan cleaning service: people with caravans on site may ring and pre book their caravan to be cleaned either before they arrive or in between visits, inside or out, or both.
- Campfire firewood can be purchased from the farm (but please bring a brazier to protect the grass - we have a small number for hire, but not enough for everyone).
Finally, please note that this is a family oriented site. We do not take stag or hen groups and anyone causing annoyance to other campers will be asked to leave.